If you’re just joining me for the Ministry Minis series, definitely read through the introduction below. If you’ve read it, great! Skip straight to the loglines!
I often work for ministries so I’ve had the opportunity to delve into a pretty varied line of stories as each spiritual truth being expressed presses on some unique image, a singular concept. My work has involved period pieces (usually set around the time of Christ’s crucifixion), modern dramas, experimental animation, and even a sci-fi/fantasy, Terminator-like short. They’ve been feature length, mini series, and quite often… short films.
The Ministry Minis series highlights some logline work I’ve done for a particular ministry, ideas they ultimately passed on as they weeded through their needs, capabilities, and over all interest. Every idea represented was meant to be short (usually 1-5 minutes in length), easily produced on a low budget, and symbolic of some kind of spiritual truth that could be used to start or add to conversations believers might have with other believers and non-believers.
All loglines are available for development, so contact me if you’d like to pursue these or any other ministry-minded projects!
- A manly man tries to start a campfire but without decent wood or any real fire starter materials until a friend comes by and hands him what he needs to set off a real blaze.
- A woman getting ready for work keeps getting stains on all her white blouses and finally calls in to work and stays home because she can’t seem to get out stains.
- A guy working on mundane “adult” [things] admires his kid playing with stuffed animals and gives it a shot himself only to hear the animals make noises back at him.
- Someone carries around a gift they receive but never opens it until they’re blinded by a glare, hit by a car, and it’s revealed that the gift was sunglasses.
- Someone carefully puts on all the accoutrement of scuba diving and then jumps into a… pool, where they get mad that they spent all that time and money on scuba gear for nothing.