I often work for ministries so I’ve had the opportunity to delve into a pretty varied line of stories as each spiritual truth being expressed presses on some unique image, a singular concept. My work has involved period pieces (usually set around the time of Christ’s crucifixion), modern dramas, experimental animation, and even a sci-fi/fantasy, Terminator-like short. They’ve been feature length, mini series, and quite often… short films.
The Ministry Minis series highlights some logline work I’ve done for a particular ministry, ideas they ultimately passed on as they weeded through their needs, capabilities, and over all interest. Every idea represented was meant to be short (usually 1-5 minutes in length), easily produced on a low budget, and symbolic of some kind of spiritual truth that could be used to start or add to conversations believers might have with other believers and non-believers.
All loglines are available for development, so contact me if you’d like to pursue these or any other ministry-minded projects!
- When a husband realizes his wife can no longer see him, he struggles to find his way back into her reality only to realize he’s been replaced by a completely different, ugly version of himself.
- A little African boy kidnapped by rebels plots his escape and the death of the top dog teen soldier only to find out the teen is a boy he once knew.
- A wannabe MMA fighter joins an underground fight ring to pay off his debt but when he shows up, he finds his dad, someone he thought didn’t like him very much, ready to square off against the fight coordinator to redeem his debt.
- A guy gradually gets more and more upset as he tries to greet his new neighbor to no avail, only to realize it might behoove him to learn sign language because his neighbor is deaf.
- A teen uses a computer at the library when the lights go out and something seems to be stalking them through the stacks but as the teen finally escapes, a mild-mannered librarian looks around cluelessly: there was nothing there.